Thursday, July 20, 2017

7/20

I'll begin today by working more on my Helios docs, which have a great deal to go before they are completed. However, at 1:30, I'm going to make an election and actually have some people vote on it this time.

Mr. Elkner just gave me a good suggestion- convert my Helios documentation to markdown. I've been reading up on markdown, and it's apparently just a simple language that converts easily to HTML, and is often used in tandem with GitHub. Working in markdown for the first time is very easy. I'm using a Github Gist, which I believe is essentially a quick way to write or paste some code, then upload it. Virtually all I have to change is putting asterisks around what I want to bold and making each section a header. In addition, I had to use <br> since lines are not automatically broken and use asterisks for bullet points. However, I'll save this as a draft since I'm not finished writing all the documentation yet.

I've made an incredibly important new election based on pizza toppings. 
I've made another less important poll based around random questions.

The tests went extremely well. German fixed both the creation error and the trustee error, so nothing of that sort was encountered in this run through.

I finished the day by continuing work on my documentation. Mr. Elkner told me that it would be a good idea to add it to GitHub, so I'll do that when I'm completely finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment