Tuesday, July 18, 2017

7/18

Today, I'm continuing on my project to document Helios. The first strange thing that I'll jot down is that I get an error page when I try to add Helios as a trustee. In addition, it's impossible to get to your election page after creating an election, meaning you have to go through the home or admin page to get to it. Today, another intern in the PRIME program has joined me on the Helios project. As German hasn't appeared yet today, all she has been doing has been learning about Helios and has created some test elections. Something that this other intern did was create a question that has 3 as its minimum answers and 1 as its maximum, which, strangely enough, did not induce an error. That is, until I actually tried to vote it said election, when my vote could not even go through because I hadn't selected enough answers. Right there is two possible ways that Helios should reject a question: If the maximum possible selections is larger than the minimum, and if the minimum is larger than the total amount of possible answers.

German hasn't been online yet today, however I don't think he's really needed, aside from being more knowledgeable about Helios than me. We have enough people to test elections and with admin access there's not much that I'm not able to do. However, as I'm busy writing the docs, I don't really have anything that I can tell her to do besides learn and mess around with Helios.

German came online, and I'm talking to him about some of the errors I've been finding with Helios. However, he says that he's not the right person to ask, so I've compiled a list of errors/bugs at the bottom of my documentation so that I'll have them for later.

I've written a lot on my documentation today. On Thursday, I'll finish the trustee instructions and move on to the voter instructions. Also on Thursday, I'll finally create an election that the six of us here can vote on.

 Here's my progress so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hiGP8tRGXHVu6DmnlfVKjIGxE-cPzGOuG3FhQrVj7fQ/edit



No comments:

Post a Comment